Seller Central Configuration
After you've completed registration with Amazon Pay, go through the following checklist step by step to complete Seller Central configuration to use the full potential of Amazon Pay.
Verify that your bank account information is updated
- To receive disbursements of amounts collected from your customers, assign a deposit method to your Amazon Payments merchant account. Amazon Pay will disburse amounts collected from your customers to your deposit method at fixed intervals. Note: You must have a U.S.-based bank account that uses an ACH (Automated Clearing House) for accepting disbursements from Amazon Pay. Without ACH, we can't electronically transmit your disbursements to your bank account.
- Add a charge method. The charge method you enter is needed to cover any negative balance scenario, such as if you have refunded more funds than you collected within a disbursement period.
Provide supplemental information for account verification
In some cases, additional information may be required to confirm your business status. In these cases you will receive an email notification to provide additional documentation.
- Upload all required documents that Amazon Payments requests from you to verify your account. Note: If Amazon Payments needs additional information, we will contact you via the email address you used to register for your Amazon Pay registration or within your Amazon Payments Seller Central account. Check your emails regularly. Please note that the verification process can take up to 24 hours, provided you submitted accurate and complete information. The charge method you enter is needed to cover any negative balance scenario, such as if you have refunded more funds than you collected within a disbursement period.
Add your website URLs to your Store ID configuration
URLs you add will be reviewed before you can activate Amazon Pay on the corresponding website. Make sure your website is available and follows the Acceptable Use Policy. URL verification can take up to 24 hours. For updates regarding the review status of the URLs you added, check your performance notifications in Seller Central.
If your URL is not approved, you may appeal the review decision by replying directly to the email notifying you of the approval status. Note: the email must be sent from the email address used for your Amazon Pay registration.
Note: You can use your Amazon Payments merchant account only for websites under the same legal entity. Register a new Amazon Payments merchant account if you have website URLs under a different legal entity.
Configure Amazon Pay for your online store
- To have your store receive instant processing notifications (IPN), add your merchant URL to instant notification settings. You usually find the required URL in your plugin configuration. If you use a custom integration, your technician will be able to provide the required URL. If you enter 2 URLs, the notifications will be sent to both. Note that the IPN URLs must be set for both, the Production and Sandbox environment.
- Upload your company logo that will show during checkout with Amazon Pay. To upload your logo, select your online store in the App or store name drop-down, and then click Edit.
- Upload a banner image that will show in in the sign-in pop-up if you are using Amazon Pay without Sign-in with Amazon functionality.
- Add your customer service details to your merchant information. Your contact information will show in Amazon Pay order and transaction confirmation emails your buyers receive.
- Make sure your account notification settings are up to date and that you can access the corresponding email inboxes to receive notifications about necessary changes and required actions.
Other Seller Central settings
- Manage access rights and user permissions for additional users such as your technicians, accountants, and other users that require access.
- Create sandbox user test accounts to test your integration before going live.
- Secure your account with two-step verification, also known as multi-factor authentication (MFA). For instructions, see What is Two-Step Verification? on the Amazon webite.
If you have any further questions about the account verification process or integrating Amazon Pay in your online store, contact Amazon Pay merchant support.