Merchant frequently asked questions
- Which services does Amazon Pay offer?
- Which types of transactions does Amazon Pay support?
- What payment methods can my customers use?
- What is the disbursement time?
- Does Amazon Pay have customer fraud checks in place?
- How is sales tax collection handled?
- In which countries can my business be located?
- Can I set up international shipping costs?
- What are the basic registration steps?
- Can I use my existing Selling on Amazon account? It says it's not compatible.
- Why do you ask questions about my website?
- How do I find my merchant ID / MWS Key?
- My status is pending. When will I get an update?
- Why does Amazon Pay require my credit card details?
- I uploaded a required document but have not heard anything from Amazon Pay. What should I do?
- Where can I find extensions and plugins for my ecommerce provider?
- Can I integrate Amazon Pay and build my ecommerce site myself?
- Where can I find information about using the Amazon Pay buttons?
- Can Amazon Pay help me with marketing and promotional activities?
- Why didn’t I get my Express Payout funds within twenty-four hours?
- What happens if my transaction does not arrive in my bank account within 24 hours, but I am opted-in for Express Payout?
- I am signed up for Express Payout but got my money through Standard Payout. Why?
- How do I deactivate Express Payout?
Amazon Pay provides payment solutions for your ecommerce site that lets Amazon customers to pay on your website or mobile site using the information already stored in their Amazon accounts.
If your website uses an ecommerce or shopping cart provider, check out the list of ecommerce providers that support Amazon Pay.
Amazon Pay supports:
- One-time payments
- Automatic, recurring, and subscription payments
- Transactions for digital goods
- Micropayments (standard rates apply)
Amazon Pay doesn't support:
- Transactions for adult products
- For other unsupported product categories, see Acceptable Use Policy
When your customers make purchases on your site using the Amazon Pay button, the following payment methods are accepted:
- Credit cards currently accepted include Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB.
- Debit cards currently accepted include Visa and Mastercard.
Amazon.com Gift Cards can't be used as a payment method for placing an order using Amazon Pay. Amazon.com Gift Cards can only be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on Amazon.com and certain related websites, as provided in the Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
We process disbursements daily. It will take between 1 and 2 business days for the payment to be completed and appear in your bank account. A reserve might be applied according to our reserve policy.
To help reduce bad debt and lower your costs, Amazon Pay has fraud detection capabilities, chargeback controls, and risk management processes at no extra cost. For more information, see the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee Policy for Merchants.
We charge exactly the amount that you tell us to charge. That means if you need to charge VAT or any other sales tax, the amount that you submit to Amazon Pay must include all taxes.
Amazon Pay is available for merchants with a place of establishment in the United States, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Yes, all shipping costs are set by you. You can obtain the country and postal code of the shipping address during the checkout process, which helps you to do these computations.
To get started, click Merchant registration at the top of this page, and then fill in the registration form to provide personal and business information.
Some products are not compatible with Amazon Pay, so you need to create a new Amazon Payments Merchant account with a new email address.
We need to make sure that your website complies with our Acceptable Use Policy.
When you've completed these steps, we give you access to Seller Central, where you upload a number of documents that are needed for verifying your account and complying with our regulatory obligations. The documentation required depends on your type of business and place of establishment; we will confirm by email which documents we need in your specific case. To complete the verification process, reply to these emails.
Have you provided us with all of the information we need? To make sure, check Seller Central under Settings > Account Info. You might have received additional emails with further instructions. Find a copy of these emails in your performance notifications. If you receive these emails, reply to them to complete the verification process. If you've provided all requested information, Amazon Pay will process your application as soon as possible and email you when processing is complete.
Also, make sure that you’ve provided all website URLs where you plan to add Amazon Pay for review. To add, edit and review all website URLs where you plan to launch Amazon Pay on, sign in to Seller Central, click Integration, then click Integration Central, then go to Manage Client/ Store ID Configurations.
We need to have a card on file in case your Amazon Payments Merchant account shows a negative balance at some point.
If you have problems providing your credit card details, contact Merchant Support using the link that is shown at the bottom of any Seller Central page.
Have you provided us with all of the information we need? To make sure, check Seller Central under Settings > Account Info to be sure. You might have received additional emails with further instructions. Find a copy of these emails in your performance notifications. If you receive these emails, reply to them to complete the verification process. If you have uploaded everything required, Amazon Pay will process your application as soon as possible and email you when processing is complete. If you have problems sending a document to us, contact Merchant Support.
To find plugins that will help you to quickly and easily add Amazon Pay solutions to your website, check out our ecommerce provider page.
Yes. See our Integration guides and API references, which provide the answers to your integration questions.
Find information about using the Amazon Pay buttons, including the sizes and colors available for you to use, see the button guidelines.
Whether it is adding messaging to your site, running display advertising campaigns, or proactively reaching out to your customers via email — our merchant tools page provides information about recommended marketing programs and ready-to use-content.
There could be a number of reasons why the transaction had a delay. For example:
- Amazon systems or bank partners encountered a problem with Express Payout and returned the money to your Seller Central balance.
- Amazon determined that the fastest way to send your payment was through Standard Payout.
- The disbursement went into a review to gather information needed to complete the disbursement.
- The disbursement was initiated during scheduled maintenance times on Sundays from 12 to 6 a.m. EST.
What happens if my transaction does not arrive in my bank account within 24 hours, but I am opted-in for Express Payout?
Amazon’s systems automatically will determine the fastest way to complete the disbursement and get the funds to you as soon as possible. We will send the funds to you via Express Payout unless technical issues prevent us from doing so. In the case of technical issues, your disbursements will be processed through Standard Payout in the next disbursement period.
There are some scenarios when this could occur:
- The disbursement exceeds the $1MM per transaction limit.
- Your address changed to a location outside of the 50 US states. Sellers living in the US Territories currently are not eligible for Express Payout.
- Your default bank account in Seller Central changed to another one that is outside of our service network. Amazon will send an email to confirm which payment method was used for the disbursement.
You can deactivate the Express Payout service at any time by choosing the Standard Payout option on the Deposit Methods page in Seller Central.
If you didn't find the answer to your question here, please contact us. We're here to help.
There are two easy ways to get in touch with us: