Tips to upload documents and get verified
When you create an Amazon Payments merchant account, we get your information and verify your identity. New businesses (merchants) can be asked to provide additional documents. This page provides guidance to successfully uploading documents that may be required for verification.
The document can be requested during account registration, in Seller Central (where you manage your account), or via email. Check your emails regularly.
Business Identity documents
The identity document(s) required for each business depends on the type of your business.
For LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, you may send one of the following documents:
- Certified articles of incorporation.
- Government-issued business license.
- A partnership agreement.
- Trust instrument.
For sole proprietors, you may send one of the following documents:
- Government ID (such as a passport or Driver’s license).
- Government-issued business license.
- Schedule C Tax Form.
If you use a Registered Agent, please provide a document that matches the address in your Amazon Pay account.
Utility bills and government issued documents (i.e. tax document) can also be submitted if additional verification is required.
Note: If the address you have inputted into Seller Central was incorrect, you can update it by logging into Seller Central, go to Settings > Account Info > Business Address. Here, you will find the current address and a link to “Add a new address.”
All documents must:
- display the same information that matches info you use to register an Amazon Pay merchant account (Note: If the address you have input into Seller Central was incorrect, you can update it by logging into Seller Central, go to Settings > Account Info > Business Address. Here, you will find the current address and a link to “Add a new address”)
- be clear and not blurry
- be scanned images
- display the full document page
- not be expired, revoked or closed (if applicable)
- be in English
- be less than 10MB in size
- be in one of these formats: *.png, *.tiff, *.tif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, and *.pdf. Do not include special characters in the file name (examples: $, &, or #)
- be authentic and unaltered
How to upload your document(s)
Uploading via email
Reply to the email you received requesting you upload documents. Attached the document in one of the following formats: *.png, *.tiff, *.tif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, and *.pdf. Do not include special characters in the file name (examples: $, &, or #).
Note: you must reply using the same email the request was sent to (this is the email you used to register for your Amazon Pay account).
Uploading via Seller Central
If you do not send the information via email within 7 days of our first email, we will deactivate your account and send you an email notification. To reactive your account, log into Seller Central and click the “reactive your account” button. This can be found on the homepage or on the Account Health Dashboard under the Performance Tab
You will be asked to complete three questions. Please see Seller Central for a step by step guide on filling out these questions.
- The root cause of the issue
- The actions you have taken to resolve the issue
- The steps you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
Then you will be prompted to upload one of the requested documents.
What to expect after you upload your document(s)
When you have uploaded the necessary documents and information, a ‘Thank you for your request’ message will display. You can close the tab on your browser.
After you submit documents, Amazon Payments will review your information, and might contact you for further clarification, if needed, within 2 business days. Contact will come from an @amazon.com email address or via Seller Central Performance Notifications. Check your emails regularly.
If you did not submit documents within 7 days or your document was unable to be used for verification, your account will be deac until verification is complete. You can select "Reactivate your account" on the account deactivation notice in your Seller Central account to submit documents.
If you need help or have any questions or issues related to registration and verification/document upload, contact Amazon Pay.