Tips to upload documents and get verified
When you create an Amazon Payments merchant account, we verify the business and personal information. You may be asked to provide documents to support our verification process. In the event you need to provide documents, this page provides guidance to successfully upload documents that may be required for verification.
The document can be requested during account registration, in Seller Central (where you manage your account), or via email. We suggest checking your emails regularly.
Business Identity documents
The business identity document(s) required depends on the type of your business.
For LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, you may send one of the following documents:
- Certified articles of incorporation.
- Government-issued business license.
- A partnership agreement.
- Trust instrument.
For sole proprietors, you may send one of the following documents:
- Government ID (such as a passport or Driver's license).
- Government-issued business license.
- Schedule C Tax Form.
If you use a Registered Agent, please provide a document that matches the business address in your Amazon Pay account.
Utility bills and government issued documents (i.e. tax document) can also be submitted if additional verification is required.
Note: If the business address you have inputted into Seller Central was incorrect, you can update it by logging into Seller Central, go to Settings > Account Info > Business Address. Here, you will find the current address and a link to "Add a new address".
Point of Contact Identity documents
The point of contact identity document(s) required apply to all business types. You may send one or more of the following documents:
- Driver's license.
- Passport or passport card.
- State issued ID.
- Resident permit ID or U.S. Green Card.
- U.S. Border Crossing card.
- U.S. Visa card.
If your residential address is not on the document provided, an additional document will be necessary for address verification:
- Utility bill (dated within 60 days).
- Phone bill (dated within 60 days).
Authorized business representative documents
The authorized business representative document(s) required depends on your type of business. To confirm you are an authorized representative of the business submit one or more of the following documents:
- Letter of Authorization. The Letter of Authorization must be on the business's letterhead. It must be addressed to Amazon Payments, Inc. at 1800 9th Avenue Seattle, WA 98109. It must identify the Amazon Pay registration point of contact's full name as being authorized to open an Amazon Pay account on behalf of the business (use the name of the business). The authorizing person must be a person authorized to incur liability for the business, such as owner, officer, partner, member. It must contain the authorizing person's: 1) printed full name 2) signature 3) business title 4) government ID number (driver's license or passport) 5) government ID document type name 6) business phone number.
- A partnership agreement with point of contact defined as partner, agent of partner(s), authorized representative of partnership.
- Trust declaration page and signature page with the point of contact identified.
- Power of Attorney for the point of contact to act on behalf of business.
All documents must:
- display the same information that matches info you use to register an Amazon Pay merchant account (Note: If the address you have input into Seller Central was incorrect, you can update it by logging into Seller Central, go to Settings > Account Info > Business Address. Here, you will find the current address and a link to "Add a new address")
- be clear and not blurry
- be scanned images
- display the full document page
- not be expired, revoked or closed (if applicable)
- be in English
- be less than 10MB in size
- be in one of these formats: *.png, *.tiff, *.tif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, and *.pdf. Do not include special characters in the file name (examples: $, &, or #)
- be authentic and unaltered
How to upload your document(s)
Uploading via email
Reply to the email you received requesting you upload documents. Attached the document in one of the following formats: *.png, *.tiff, *.tif, *.jpg, *.jpeg, and *.pdf. Do not include special characters in the file name (examples: $, &, or #).
Note: you must reply using the same email the request was sent to (this is the email you used to register for your Amazon Pay account).
Uploading via Seller Central
If you do not send the information via email within 7 days of our first email, we will deactivate your account and send you an email notification. To reactive your account, log into Seller Central and click the "reactive your account" button. This can be found on the homepage or on the Account Health Dashboard under the Performance Tab
You will be asked to complete three questions. Please see Seller Central for a step by step guide on filling out these questions.
- The root cause of the issue
- The actions you have taken to resolve the issue
- The steps you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
Then you will be prompted to upload one of the requested documents.
What to expect after you upload your document(s)
When you have uploaded the necessary documents and information, a 'Thank you for your request' message will display. You can close the tab on your browser.
After you submit documents, Amazon Payments will review your information, and might contact you for further clarification, if needed, within 2 business days. Contact will come from an @amazon.com email address or via Seller Central Performance Notifications. Check your emails regularly.
If you did not submit documents within 7 days or your document was unable to be used for verification, your account will be deactivated until verification is complete. You can select "Reactivate your account" on the account deactivation notice in your Seller Central account to submit documents.
If you need help or have any questions or issues related to registration and verification/document upload, contact Amazon Pay.