Signing up for Amazon Pay
Watch this detailed videos about signing up for Amazon Pay
Registering for Amazon Pay. Length: 4:52
Amazon Pay- Amazon Pay Launch Checklist. Length: 3:15
Getting ready to use Amazon Pay requires just a few steps. In the following topics, you'll learn what you need to do in the following five areas:
- Before you start: Collect the information you'll need to register.
- Sign up: Register for your Amazon Payments account.
- Set up: Get your account information set up on the Seller Central website.
- Integrate: To get the guides and credentials you need to connect your store, log in to Seller Central and choose Integration Central from the Integration tab dropdown option.
- Launch: Kick off your website changes and get ready for orders.
Before you start
Amazon Pay is available for merchants in the U.S. If registering as an individual, you must be at least 18 years old and a permanent U.S. resident (which does not include holders of U.S. visas) or a U.S. citizen. If registering on behalf of a business, you must be duly authorized to enter into agreements on behalf of the business and the business entity needs to be authorized to do business in the U.S. and have a U.S.-based street address, a U.S.-based bank account, a credit card associated with a U.S. street address, and a U.S.-based phone number.
If you meet the above qualifications, you're all set to register for Amazon Pay.
Collect the information listed below before you start the registration process so you'll be ready to set up your account.
- Have a U.S.-based phone number for our registration service to contact you.
- Have a credit card (issued by a U.S.-based bank).
- Have a checking account for disbursement with a U.S.-based bank (you can set this up after registration).
- Have your business taxpayer ID, EIN, or personal social security number available for the online tax document interview (you can set this up after registration).
- Have the website URL you plan to launch Amazon Pay on.
After you gather the necessary information, follow these simple steps to sign up.
- Visit https://pay.amazon.com and click Business Registration.
- Click the Sign Up option that is right for you — already using a cart or e-commerce provider, or not using a cart provider.
- Follow the prompts on the page to select your e-commerce provider and create your Seller Central account (if you selected that you have one). If you selected that you have no e-commerce provider, create your Seller Central account, which is also your Seller ID account.
Tip: Be sure you enter information carefully and be sure it matches exactly with the official documents.
- After you've signed up for Amazon Pay, go to https://sellercentral.amazon.com/ to open the Seller Central website. Seller Central is an easy-to-use website where you will manage the integration of your website with Amazon Pay, download settlement reports, and manage disputes.
- In Seller Central, click Settings, and then set up your Account Info, Integration Settings (including your Banner Image), and other settings.
To get the guides and credentials you need to connect your store, log in to Seller Central and choose Integration Central from the Integration tab dropdown option.
Once your information is verified, your domain has been approved, you've integrated and completed testing, follow the steps in the Amazon Pay and Login with Amazon integration guide to switch from the sandbox to production, and then switch your Seller Central settings from sandbox view to production.
You can publish your updated web pages to your website, send your promotional emails to your buyers by using your email client, and get ready to receive orders.