Acceptable Use Policy
Updated July 29, 2022
This Acceptable Use Policy lists items and activities that we prohibit because they may be illegal or inappropriate in connection with the use of our services. It applies to any person or entity using our payment service and any transactions that we are asked to process. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with this policy. In limited instances, specific merchants may operate in some of these categories (other than illegal items and activities) after receiving direct prior permission from us. We may modify this policy at any time.
If we believe or suspect that any transaction violates this policy or is otherwise illegal or unsuitable, we may take any corrective action that we deem appropriate, including blocking the transaction, holding funds associated with a prohibited transaction, suspending or restricting the use of our service, terminating the accounts of violators, or any other corrective action. Please use the Contact Us page to report any violations of this policy.
Prohibited Items and Activities:
- Adult Oriented Products and Services — includes pornography (including child pornography), sexually explicit materials (in all media types such as Internet, phone, and printed materials), dating services, escort services, or prostitution services.
- Alcohol — includes sales of wine, beer, and liquor conducted over the Internet or mail order.
- Cash or cash equivalent instruments — including but not limited to money orders, travelers' checks, open loop stored value products (such as generally accepted gift cards), any gift card with a value greater than $2,000, and gift cards available for use other than at the issuing merchant.
- Collection Agencies — includes businesses that are engaged in the collection of uncollectible debt or accounts receivable and billing companies.
- Credit Services — includes credit counseling, credit repair services, credit protection, and identity theft protection.
- Crowd funding or any activity related to soliciting contributions, donations, investments or pre-orders to fund the development of a product or a project.
- Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Dietary Supplements — includes illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, online or mail order pharmacies, importation of pharmaceuticals from foreign countries, and prescription devices. Marijuana and Cannabidiol (CBD) products are also prohibited, regardless of whether legal within a given state. Guidelines and restrictions set forth on Amazon’s Restricted Products pages for Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia and Dietary Supplements also apply.
- Financial Intermediaries and Money Service Businesses — includes online auctions, Internet malls processing third party payments, credit card aggregators, offshore banking operations, debt financing, money transmitters, check cashing services, currency exchange and dealing, cash advance services, payday lending, escrow services, any service that receives and processes money on behalf of others, and any issuers, redeemers, and sellers of money orders, travelers checks, and stored value products (other than retail gift cards).
- Firearms and Weapons — includes ammunition, guns, rifles, shotguns, pistols, other firearms, knives (automatic, spring-loaded knives, throwing, etc.), brass knuckles, or other weapons.
- Gambling Businesses — includes online gambling (including poker), lotteries (including sale of lottery tickets), games of chance (including sweepstakes and raffles), sports forecasting, or odds-making.
- Healthcare Discount Plans — includes discount healthcare plans or membership programs.
- Illegal, Inappropriate or Offensive Items or Activities — includes any good or service that violates local, state, or federal laws or regulations or that would be generally offensive to others. Examples include stolen goods, cable descramblers, materials that infringe other's intellectual property rights (including pirated software and counterfeit goods), human body parts, endangered species, items that defame or slander others, hate literature, occult materials, and any other items or activities that in our judgment are illegal, inappropriate or offensive in connection with our services.
- Marketing Businesses — includes direct marketing, subscription merchants, telemarketing, multi-level marketing, "up-sell" merchants, infomercial merchants, and rebate-based businesses.
- Membership Clubs — includes buyer clubs, membership clubs, and lifetime memberships or guarantees.
- Miracle Cure Products — includes cures, remedies or enhancement products, and other health/nutritional products offering guaranteed results.
- Money Making ("Get Rich") Businesses — includes information guides, warranty fees, mortgage reduction services, and any product or service where a prize is guaranteed, marketing media is unavailable, premiums/incentives are offered, promises of future guaranteed results are made, or any rebate or reward program.
- Phone Services — includes 800 or 900 phone services and audio text services, prepaid phone cards, and prepaid phone services.
- Products from Restricted Countries and Regions — Amazon’s worldwide current business policy is to prohibit the sale of products originating, produced, or processed in the following countries or regions: North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea), Cuba, Syria, Iran, Region of Crimea, the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) and Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR). This includes those products that partially contain ingredients, materials, or inputs from restricted countries and regions.
- Real or replica government, law enforcement, security, military or paramilitary badges and uniforms, identification documents, birth certificates, passports, licenses, patches, collars, or tags.
- Regulated Activities — includes regulated investment services, bail bonds services, security brokers, bankruptcy attorneys, real property and real estate (including rental payment), property management, and websites or online services directed to or that collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
- Remote Technical Support, or any other activity where a merchant needs remote access to a buyer's computer or other device to initiate or complete a purchase, or to provide the service being paid for.
- Smoking/Tobacco Products — includes cigars, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and other tobacco products. E-liquid products for use in smoking devices are also prohibited, whether they contain nicotine or not.
- Travel and Time Share Services — includes agencies, tour operators, clubs, packages, airlines, cruise lines, and time shares.
Restricted Items and Activities:
Certain items and activities require prior approval before the person or entity can register for using our payment services.
- Donations and Charitable Solicitations — includes charities and non-profit organizations without a valid 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, charitable solicitations, commercial fundraisers (including commercial co-venturers), or any activity associated with the solicitation of donations.
Please contact our sales team to request approval for using our payment services for the items and activities described above.