Signing up for Alexa Political Contributions
You can get ready to use Amazon Pay for accepting political donations on Alexa in just a few steps. Here's a quick summary of what you need to do, followed by the details:
- Before you start: Collect the information you need for registering.
- Sign up: Open your Amazon Payments Merchant account.
- Register as a merchant: Add your campaign information on the Seller Central website.
Before you start
If your campaign meets the above qualifications, you're all set to register for Amazon Pay.
Collect the information listed below before you start the registration process so you'll be ready to set up your account:
- Have a government-issued ID for an authorized representative of the principal campaign committee.
- Have a U.S.-based phone number for our registration service to contact you.
- Have a credit card (issued by a U.S.-based bank).
- Have a checking account with a U.S.-based bank.
- Have your business taxpayer ID or EIN available for the online tax document interview.
After you gather the necessary information, follow these steps to sign up.
- Go to https://pay.amazon.com/register?regRedirection=SWIPE, and then click Register.
- Enter the basic information requested, and then click Submit.
Register as a merchant
- After submitting your basic information, enter the information requested in merchant registration.
- In step 2, What's your business information?, under Business category choose Political Donation.
- After completing registration, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Confirmation that you have completed registration
- The email address you used for registering
- A readable copy of or link to your filed FEC form 1 (Statement of Organization)
- A readable copy of or link to your filed FEC form 2 (Statement of Candidacy)
- Three preferred variations of the candidate's name or campaign committee—with phonetic spelling for common pronunciations. Donors will be able to make a voice donation using the candidate's full name and the name of the principal campaign committee, but we will also support more common names that donors might use to refer to the candidate, like “President Washington” or “Senator Kennedy.”