Verifying Your Personal Account
Verifying your Personal Account gives you the flexibility to pay using your bank account, and to hold a balance in your account.
To verify your account, you must:
- Provide your personal contact information (PO boxes are not accepted)
- Enter your Date of Birth and Social Security Number
- Set up your security questions and answers*
- Verify your e-mail address
Verify Your E-mail Address
After you register with Amazon Payments, we'll send you an e-mail message with a unique URL. When you click that URL, you will go to the Amazon Payments website to complete the e-mail verification process by entering your password. If you are unable to click the link in the verification e-mail message, you can follow these steps to enter the verification code that is provided in the e-mail:
- Log in to your Amazon Payments account at https://pay.amazon.com/us/.
- Click Edit My Account Settings.
- Click Verify my e-mail address.
- Click Entering the 6 digit code.
- Enter the 6 digit code.
- Click Continue.
* After you set up your security questions and answers, you cannot change them.
For more information about registering and verifying an Amazon Payments Personal Account, please read the Amazon Payments, Inc. Customer Agreement.