Your Amazon Pay account is your identity, and your account identity is set by your email address and the password that you use to log in to your account. Because your email address is publicly known, using a strong password helps protect your account from unauthorized use.
Here are some guidelines that we recommend that you follow when you select a password:
- Use a password that is at least 8 characters long
- Use a combination of letters (both upper-case and lower-case) and numbers
- Do not use a word that is in a dictionary
- Do not use information, such as a birthday or pet's name, that can be tied to you
- Do not use a password that you are already using on another account
For more information, see Choose a strong password.
Change your password
You set your password when you register with Amazon Pay. After you register, you can change your password on the Account Settings page in Seller Central.
- Click Settings, and then click Login Settings.
- In the Password Settings area, click the Change button.
- In the Old Password box, enter your current password.
- In the New password box, enter your new password.
- In the Re-enter password box, enter your new password again.
- Click Submit.
Reset your password
If you forget your password, you can reset it on Amazon.com.
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html/.
- Enter the email address that is associated with your Amazon Pay account.
- Follow the steps to reset your password.