Using Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is a service that lets you use the payment methods already associated with your Amazon account to make donations and payments for goods or services on third-party websites.
When you see the Amazon Pay button on a third-party website or in an app, you can use the Amazon Pay service to:
- Sign in using your Amazon account credentials.
- Complete your purchase or donation.
Tip: Make sure you have updated your browser's settings to allow third-party cookies. Your browser might refer to these as a privacy setting, preference, or option.
If you have an Amazon account, you can already shop on non-Amazon websites and in apps that accept Amazon Pay. There is no separate registration process, and donating and purchasing are easy:
- Look for the Amazon Pay button on a merchant's or charitable organization's website or in an app. (See a list of Featured merchants.)
- Use your Amazon credentials (your email address and Amazon password) when you are asked to sign in and accept Amazon's Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice.
- Choose a payment method from your Amazon account to complete the payment or donation and easily complete the checkout process.
Expect this when using Amazon Pay
- To make a payment or donation, you can use any credit or debit card on file in your Amazon.com account, including your Amazon.com Store Card, although you might be limited to Visa and Mastercard in some circumstances.
- After your donation or payment, expect to receive an email from Amazon Pay notifying you that the payment has been authorized and a second email confirming the donation or payment.
- The merchant will send you an invoice in email.
Don't expect this when using Amazon Pay
- When making a payment or donation, you cannot use an Amazon.com Gift Card for purchases and donations directly with third-party merchants and charitable organizations. A third-party website or seller that suggests payment or donation using an Amazon.com Gift Card is not a legitimate Amazon Pay merchant or charitable organization.
- You will never receive an invoice from Amazon Pay asking for payment using Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- No matter the currency of your transaction, Amazon Pay never adds a foreign transaction fee, although your card issuer might.
Be wary of these common internet scams
- Requests for Amazon.com Gift Card claim codes
- Payments and donations that are made off the merchant's or charitable organization's website
- Payments and donations made by bank transfer
- Payments to guarantee the transaction
- Payments to receive a large amount of money
- Payments to guarantee a credit card or loan
- Offers that you are not sure are honest
- Payments and donations to someone whose identity you can't confirm