Frequently asked questions
- Which services does Amazon Pay offer?
- Which types of transactions are supported by Amazon Pay?
- What payment methods can my customers use?
- What is the disbursement time?
- How do volume discounts work?
- Does Amazon Pay have customer fraud checks in place?
- How is VAT or other sales tax collection handled?
- In which countries can my business be located?
- Which currencies can I use to charge my customers?
- Can I set up international shipping costs?
- I don't know how to sign up; can you help me?
- Can I use my existing Selling on Amazon account? It says it's not compatible.
- Why do you ask questions about my website?
- What are the basic registration steps?
- How do I find my merchant ID / MWS Key?
- My status is pending. When will I get an update?
- Why does Amazon Pay require my credit card details?
- I uploaded a required document but have not heard anything from Amazon Pay. What should I do?
- Where can I find extensions and plugins for my ecommerce provider?
- Can I integrate Amazon Pay and build my ecommerce site myself?
- Where can I find information about using the Amazon Pay buttons?
- Can Amazon Pay help me with marketing and promotional activities?
Amazon Pay provides payment solutions for your ecommerce site that allows Amazon customers to pay on your website or mobile site using the information already stored in their Amazon account.
If your website uses an ecommerce or shipping cart provider, check out our ecommerce provider page, because not all providers support our solution at the moment.
Can Amazon Pay...
- ... process transactions for digital goods? Yes.
- ... support pre-orders? Yes.
- ... process recurring payments? Yes, with the automatic payments feature, currently available for merchants registered on pay.amazon.co.uk only.
- ... process micropayments, and if so, are there special rates for these? Yes, we can process micropayments. Our standard rate card applies.
- ... support charities or donations? No, sorry. Things like donations are currently not allowed under our Acceptable Use Policy.
- ... support Crowdfunding? No, crowdfunding isn't supported at the moment.
- ... support transactions for adult products? No. Under our Acceptable Use Policy, adult products aren't allowed.
When your customers make purchases on your site using the Amazon Pay button, the following payment methods are accepted:
- Credit cards currently accepted include Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Debit cards currently accepted include Visa Electron, Delta, and Maestro.
Amazon Gift Cards (specifically Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es Gift Cards) cannot be used as a payment method for placing an order using Amazon Pay. Amazon Gift Cards can only be redeemed towards the purchase of eligible products at the relevant Amazon website (www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.it, and www.amazon.es).
We process disbursements daily. It will take between 1 and 2 business days for the payment to be completed and appear in your bank account. A reserve might be applied according to our reserve policy.
Transaction fees depend on the monthly payment volume processed through Amazon Pay on your account: the bigger the volume, the lower the fees. Check our fee schedule for full pricing information.
To apply for volume discounts, contact Merchant Support using the link that is shown at the bottom of any Seller Central page.
Volume discounts are based on the total average transaction payment volume for the three months preceding the date you applied. Other conditions may apply. Merchant Support will help you with that when you apply.
Amazon Pay has fraud detection capabilities, chargeback controls, and risk management processes to help reduce bad debt and lower your costs. This service is provided at no extra cost. See the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee Policy for Merchants for more information.
We charge exactly the amount that you tell us to charge. That means if you need to charge VAT or any other sales tax, the amount you submit to Amazon Pay must include all taxes.
Amazon Pay is available for merchants with a place of establishment in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Hungary, Luxembourg, Portugal, Sweden and The Netherlands.
For merchants that register their Amazon Payments Merchant account via pay.amazon.com/uk, the supported currency for money collected from buyers is GBP.
For merchants that register their Amazon Payments Merchant account via pay.amazon.com/de, pay.amazon.com/fr, pay.amazon.com/it, or pay.amazon.com/es, the supported currency for money collected from buyers is EUR.
Yes, all shipping costs are set by you. You can obtain the country and post code of the shipping address during the checkout process, which helps you to do these computations.
Some products are not compatible with Amazon Pay, and therefore you need to create a new Amazon Payments Merchant account with a new email address.
We need to make sure that your website complies with our Acceptable Use Policy.
To initiate the process, you fill in the registration form online to provide personal and business information.
When you have completed these steps, we give you access to Seller Central, where you upload a number of documents to verify your account. This step is necessary to comply with our regulatory obligations. The documentation required depends on your type of business and place of establishment; we will confirm by email which documents we need in your specific case. Please reply to these emails in order to complete the verification process.
You can find your Merchant ID and MWS Keys in Seller Central. Click the Integration menu, and then click MWS Keys. Check out our user guide if your keys have not been automatically generated. If you need additional assistance, contact Merchant Support using the link that is shown at the bottom of any Seller Central page.
Have you provided us with all of the information we need? Double check Seller Central under Settings > Account Info to be sure. You may have received additional emails with further instructions. A copy of these emails can be found in your performance notifications. If you receive these emails, please reply to them in order to complete the verification process. If you have provided all information requested, Amazon Pay will process your application as soon as possible and will notify you by email when this has been done.
We have to have a card on file in case your Amazon Payments Merchant account shows a negative balance at some point. We are sorry we cannot do it any other way.
If you have problems providing your credit card details, contact Merchant Support using the link that is shown at the bottom of any Seller Central page.
Have you provided us with all of the information we need? Double check Seller Central under Settings > Account Info to be sure. You may have received additional emails with further instructions. A copy of these emails can be found in your performance notifications. If you receive these emails, please reply to them in order to complete the verification process. If you have uploaded everything required, Amazon Pay will process your application as soon as possible and will notify you by email when this has been done. If you are having problems sending a document to us, contact Merchant Support using the link that is shown at the bottom of any Seller Central page.
Check out our ecommerce provider page to find plugins that will help you to quickly and easily add our solutions to your website.
Yes. See our Integration guides and API references, which should provide the answers to your integration questions.
You can find information about using our buttons, including the sizes available for you to use, by looking at our Button Guidelines page.
Whether it is adding messaging to your site, running display advertising campaigns, or proactively reaching out to your customers via email — our merchant tools page provides information on recommended marketing programs and ready to use content.
If you didn't find the answer to your question here, please contact us. We are here to help.
There are two easy ways to get in touch with us:
- Contact Merchant Support using the link at the bottom of any Seller Central page.
- Click the Contact Sales link at the bottom of this page.