Settlement reports provide a detailed breakdown of your account activity for a given settlement period. Settlement reports are generated regularly, and you can download them from Seller Central.
By reviewing the settlement report, you can understand your account activity. You can open the settlement report in a text editor, or you can use a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, to review and manage the information.
Generally, Amazon Pay first settles your account 14 days after your first payment transaction completes. Subsequently, the settlement process repeats every day. If you add or change your bank account information, your settlements will be held for three days for verification.
When a settlement occurs:
- Amazon Pay calculates your account balance. Fees, A-to-z Guarantee claims, chargebacks, customer refunds, and Reserve can affect your balance.
- If your account balance is positive, if you have entered valid information in Seller Central for your bank account, and if you have a charge method associated with your account, Amazon Pay will initiate a transfer to your bank account. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days from the time that we initiate a transfer before the funds are credited to your bank account.
- If your account balance is negative, we will charge the amount of the negative balance to your charge method.
- Amazon Pay will provide settlement report data if there was activity since the previous settlement cycle.
You can find your settlement reports using the the Reports menu in Seller Central. To download a copy of your latest settlement report, follow the steps listed below.
Download your settlement report
- Sign in to your Amazon Payments Merchant account on Seller Central.
- Click the Reports menu, and then click Payments. On the Statement View tab, a view of your current open settlement appears.
- To view and download copies of your settlement reports, click the All Statements tab. Click the buttons to view or download the applicable reports.
Note: you can also generate and download custom reports from the Date Range Reports tab. For more information about date range reports, see Generating a date range report.
Note: We recommend saving copies of your reports for your records.
Reading a settlement report
Settlement reports are comma separated text files. These can be difficult to read in a text editor, such as Notepad or Text Edit, but you can easily open them in most spreadsheet applications or database software.
The easiest way to read a settlement report is to save it to your computer and then open the document in your favorite spreadsheet or database application. With a spreadsheet program you can easily summarise, manipulate, or reformat the data the way that you want.Note:
- Some web browsers automatically open settlement reports with your computer's default text editor. If this happens, use the File menu to save a copy of the report to your computer before opening it in another application.
- On a Windows PC, you can right-click the link for the settlement report to save the file to your computer.
Your settlement report contains a separate line for every transaction.
For more information
For more information about report data elements and how to access reports using Amazon Marketplace Web Service Reports API calls, see the Amazon Pay Settlement and Transaction Reports PDF.