Amazon Pay FAQ
- What is Amazon Pay?
- How do I sign up?
- Am I protected when I use Amazon Pay?
- Is my payment information shared with anyone?
- What payment methods can be used with Amazon Pay?
- What does it cost me to use Amazon Pay?
- How do I change my account information?
- How do I make a payment?
- How can I find a payment that I made using Amazon Pay on my credit card statement?
- Can I ship my order to an Amazon Locker?
- I think I just received a phishing email. What do I do?
- I am having a problem with my account or with trying to complete a purchase using my account. What do I do?
Amazon Pay is a service that lets you use the payment methods already associated with your Amazon account to make payments for goods or services on third-party websites. To make a payment, you can use any of the payment methods on file in your Amazon account.
If there are ever unauthorised Amazon Pay charges in your personal e-money account, you can dispute the charge with us. You must notify us as quickly as possible and no later than 13 months after the date of the transaction. Unless you have acted fraudulently or with negligence, you may not be held responsible for the charge. When you use Amazon Pay for qualified purchases on third-party websites, the condition of the item that you buy and its timely delivery may be guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee for Buyers. If you submit payment for a product or service and you do not receive the item or if it is materially different than advertised by the merchant, you can dispute the transaction and request reimbursement. See Buyer Dispute program for more information.
To learn more about how to file a dispute for Amazon Pay transactions, also refer to the Transaction disputes page.
We do not share your payment method information with merchants who accept Amazon Pay on their website. You do not need to disclose your payment information to others when you use Amazon Pay. Because your Amazon Pay transactions are linked to your Amazon account, any changes you make to payment methods on the Amazon Pay website will appear on your Amazon account (and vice versa).
Any of the payment methods available in your Amazon account can be used with Amazon Pay. Note that Amazon.co.uk gift cards entered into your Amazon account cannot be used when making purchases with Amazon Pay on third-party websites.
It costs you nothing. Using Amazon Pay adds no fees to your transaction with the merchant. Your purchase incurs no transaction fee, no membership fee, no currency conversion fee, no foreign transaction fee, and no other fees. Your card issuer, however, may add a foreign transaction fee if your card was issued in a country different from the merchant's, as well as any other fees described in the terms and conditions for your card.
You can manage most aspects of your Amazon account for Amazon Pay on Amazon.co.uk. Go to http://www.amazon.co.uk, sign in, and then click Your Account. Other changes must be made on the Amazon Pay website.
For detailed information about the information that can be changed and where to change it, see Making changes to your Amazon account information for Amazon Pay.
When you see that Amazon Pay is an accepted payment method for a product or service that you want to purchase, just click the Amazon Pay logo or button, enter your Amazon email address and password, and then choose your payment method. For more information, see Using Amazon Pay.
Payments that you make using Amazon Pay appear on your credit card statement like this:
AMZ*[Seller Name] amzn.com/pmts
No, only purchases made directly on the Amazon.co.uk website may ship to an Amazon Locker. Please don't add the address of an Amazon Locker as a shipping address for your Amazon Pay purchases. Orders that are paid for using Amazon Pay cannot be delivered to an Amazon Locker.
If you receive a phishing email message, we ask that you report it to us as quickly as possible through the contact us link available on our website. For information about identifying and reporting phishing emails, see Internet scams and phishing.
I am having a problem with my account or with trying to complete a purchase using my account. What do I do?
We are sorry you are having a problem with Amazon Pay. Here are some things you can try:
- Verify that you are entering the email address and password that are associated with your Amazon account correctly when you are trying to complete a purchase.
- If you can enter your account email address and password, but you cannot complete your purchase, check that your payment method is set up correctly. You can do so by following the steps listed in Making changes to your Amazon account information for Amazon Pay.
- If your payment method is set up correctly, check that you have updated your browser's settings to allow third-party cookies. If the option is turned on and you still cannot complete your purchase, get in touch with us by using the contact us form on the Amazon Pay website.
- If you cannot create or do not have an Amazon account, on http://www.amazon.co.uk), click the Help link underneath the search box near the top of the page. In the Browse Help topics section, point to Need More Help?, and then click the Contact us link. On the page that asks you to sign in, click the Skip sign in button, and then follow the instructions on the page. You can contact Amazon by email or request a phone call from Customer Service.