What is Amazon Pay’s A-to-z Guarantee?
When you use Amazon Pay to check out on third-party websites, you can buy with confidence. We guarantee it. Here’s how it works.
Like a digital wallet, Amazon Pay is a simple and convenient payment method that lets you check out securely on tens of thousands of sites around the world. It’s a faster, easier way to shop online — even when you’re not shopping on Amazon.com.
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products using Amazon Pay. That’s why, under Amazon Pay’s A-to-z Guarantee, we guarantee the condition and timely delivery of your qualified purchases. If you don’t get what you pay for, you’ll have the opportunity to receive full reimbursement or to cancel your authorized payment on eligible physical goods.
When am I covered under the Amazon Pay A-to-z Guarantee?
You can file an Amazon Pay A-to-z Guarantee claim if you used Amazon Pay to purchase physical goods and one or more of the following conditions are met:
1. The merchant doesn’t honor their return policy.
2. The merchant charges more than you authorized.
3. The merchant failed to deliver the item(s) within the maximum estimated delivery date communicated to you.
4. You received the item but it was defective, damaged, or materially different from what was depicted in the merchant’s description.
5. You have returned the item to the merchant, per an agreement between you and merchant, and the merchant has not provided the agreed upon refund after receiving the item.
You can file an Amazon Pay A-to-z Guarantee claim between 15 and 75 days after you’ve been charged for an order on a third-party website and have waited one calendar day for the merchant to address the issue. For items you’ve returned, you can file a claim 14 days after the merchant’s receipt of the returned item to receive a refund or after waiting 30 days to receive a replacement.
How do I file a claim?
You can submit a claim for payments made on third-party websites using Amazon Pay by viewing the specific transaction details via Your Amazon Pay Activity.
1. Click Details & Support next to your order.
2. Select File an A-to-z Guarantee claim from the drop-down menu.
3. Select a reason from the list, and enter a description of your problem in the text box. Then, click File claim.
How much coverage will I receive?
With Amazon Pay, qualified purchases are eligible to receive up to $2,500 of the purchase price, including delivery charges.
What does it cost?
You are covered at no cost. We’re committed to creating a safe buying experience when using Amazon Pay on third-party websites. If you have additional questions about the Amazon Pay A-to-z Guarantee, please visit Amazon Pay.