Introduction to batch processing
Amazon Pay facilitates submitting API operations by offering the same functionality as the Amazon Pay API section of the Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) in a Batch Service processing system.
An XML file is used to submit a series of the same API operation as nodes in the XML file, where each node is a single request. The Batch Service queues the requests internally and then processes the transactions.
After a batch is processed, a report is produced that lists the synchronous response for each operation in the batch file.
- A Seller ID (also called a Merchant ID) for your Amazon Pay Merchant account and access to your Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) Access Key and Secret Key. For more information, see Step 1: Register.
- Familiarity with the Amazon Pay API Reference Guide.
- Familiarity with the Amazon MWS Feeds Overview and Reports Overview API sections.
- The ability to receive Instant Payment Notifications.
Important information about batch processing
- The Batch Service uses the Feeds
and Reports APIs of Amazon MWS:
- The Feeds API section is used to upload batch requests or feeds, which are XML files with a series of individual requests as each XML node. This is covered in Step 2: Submit the feed content.
- The Reports API section is used to retrieve the processing report for the uploaded batch. The API methods needed to retrieve the report are described in Step 5: Request a processing report.
- Requests contained in batches are processed asynchronously and therefore aren't in order. Depending on the number of transactions in a batch and other factors, it might take several minutes to a few hours for the Batch Service to process the entire batch.
- Just as transactions in a batch can be processed in any order, the status of transactions in the post-processing report can be listed in any order.
- After a batch has been submitted, the feed processing request can't be canceled or changed. Note: You can call the CancelFeedSubmissions operation of the Feeds API section to request cancellation of a feed, but the feed submission can be canceled only if the feed has not yet begun processing.
NOTE: The maximum time range for report generation is 30 days. To mitigate throttling, we recommend a 1-day range and then cycling through each day in your range (at 1 request per second).
Batch processing supports only the following API calls in NA.
Batch processing supports only the following API calls in EU.
To batch your operations, you must submit an XML feed file that lists all of the requests for the type of API call that you want to perform. Each request is a node in the XML. The steps listed below walk you through the process.
Note: Before proceeding further, familiarize yourself with the Amazon Pay API reference guide.
Copyright © 2009-2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon and Amazon.com are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.