Amazon Pay wants every transaction to go as smoothly as possible, but in rare cases, disputes will occur.
Because an Amazon Pay transaction is an agreement between a buyer and a merchant, we suggest that buyers contact the merchant to resolve any issue.
Contact a merchant to resolve an issue
- Go to Amazon Pay, click Shoppers, and then sign in using your Amazon credentials.
- On the Account Activity page, find the appropriate order or transaction, and then click Details.
- On the View Payment Details page under Contact merchant, click the merchant's email address, and then send them an email about your order.
You can help resolve your problem quickly by providing the following information in your initial communication:
- Order details, like order reference provided by the merchant and the list of items in the order
- The cost of each item in the order
- Shipment/delivery details
- Nature of the problem(s) with the order
- Your preferred resolution for the problem
You are prompted to enter information about the transaction. If the issue cannot be resolved with the merchant, you can dispute the transaction with Amazon Pay. You can submit a dispute on the order summary page.
When the issue does not relate to the services offered by Amazon Pay directly but to the services provided by the merchant, you can dispute the transaction by filing a claim. A transaction might be disputed for any of several reasons:
- An error in the Amazon Pay transaction
- Unauthorized charges on a credit card or bank account
- The amount charged to credit card or bank account is different from the amount that is shown on the Amazon Pay screen or confirmation email
- The item paid for was not received
- The item received was materially different than described
If a transaction in your account meets any of the above criteria, you might be able to submit a dispute for the transaction. For details and restrictions, see Buyer dispute program and Amazon A-to-z Guarantee for buyers.
Dispute a transaction
- Go to your Account Activity, and then sign in.
- Click Details for the appropriate order or transaction.
- On the order summary page, click Problem with this order? (if shown).
- Click File/View Claim or follow the instructions on the page to submit a complaint.
You are prompted to enter information about the transaction and need the following information to dispute a transaction:
- Date of transaction
- Amount of transaction
- Order/Transaction ID
- Description of the problem
After completing the online dispute form, your dispute is sent to the Amazon Pay investigations team for review. Although we try to complete our investigation as soon as possible, it can take up to 45 business days before we reach a conclusion. During this time, we might contact you to obtain additional information about the situation.
For physical goods that are eligible for coverage under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee for buyers, we treat submissions as an A-to-z Guarantee claim.