Introduction to batch processing
Amazon Pay facilitates submitting API operations by offering the same functionality as the Amazon Pay API section of the Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) in a Batch Service processing system.
An XML file is used to submit a series of the same API operation as nodes in the XML file, where each node is a single request. The Batch Service queues the requests internally and then processes the transactions.
After a batch is processed, a report is produced that lists the synchronous response for each operation in the batch file.
- A Seller ID (also called a Merchant ID) for your Amazon Pay Merchant account and access to your Amazon Marketplace Web Service (Amazon MWS) Access Key and Secret Key. For more information, see Step 1: Register.
- Familiarity with the Amazon Pay API reference guide.
- Familiarity with the Amazon MWS Feeds Overview and Reports Overview API sections.
- The ability to receive Instant Payment Notifications.
Important information about batch processing
- The Batch Service uses the Feeds
and Reports APIs of Amazon MWS:
- The Feeds API section is used to upload batch requests or feeds, which are XML files with a series of individual requests as each XML node. This is covered in Step 2: Submit the feed content .
- The Reports API section is used to retrieve the processing report for the uploaded batch. The API methods needed to retrieve the report are described in Step 5: Request a processing report.
- Requests contained in batches are processed asynchronously and therefore aren't in order. Depending on the number of transactions in a batch and other factors, it might take several minutes to a few hours for the Batch Service to process the entire batch.
- Just as transactions in a batch can be processed in any order, the status of transactions in the post-processing report can be listed in any order.
- After a batch has been submitted, the feed processing request cannot be cancelled or changed. Note: You can call the CancelFeedSubmissions operation of the Feeds API section to request cancellation of a feed, but the feed submission can be cancelled only if the feed has not yet begun processing.
NOTE: The maximum time range for report generation is 30 days. To mitigate throttling, we recommend a 1-day range and cycling through each day in your range (at 1 request per second).
Batch processing supports the following API calls:
To batch your operations, you must submit an XML feed file that lists all of the requests for the type of API call you want to perform. Each request is a node in the XML. The steps listed below walk you through the process.
Note: Before proceeding further, familiarize yourself with the Amazon Pay API Reference Guide.
Copyright © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon and Amazon.com are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.