Cancelling payments or orders
After a payment has been initiated, Amazon Pay cannot cancel it. If necessary, the merchant or business that you submitted the payment to can issue a refund to you.
If you contact a merchant directly about cancelling an order, please take note of the following:
- Merchants might be able to make changes to an order if they have not yet shipped it, but some merchants begin processing orders almost as soon as they are placed. If you want to change or cancel your order, contact the merchant directly. If they have already processed a charge for the order, merchants can initiate refunds.
- Amazon Pay cannot cancel or change an order on your behalf and cannot refund you for purchases. If you email us for these reasons, we will ask you to contact the merchant, by which time they might have already shipped the item to you.
Contact a merchant about an order
- Go to Amazon Pay, click Shoppers, and then sign in using your Amazon credentials.
- On the Account Activity page, find the appropriate order or transaction, and then click Details.
- On the View Payment Details page under Contact merchant, click the merchant's email address, and then send them an email about your order.